In conclusion each print has a unique characterisation about them and ended up popping out well.
Using left over ink from the previous prints, I managed to add a faded shadow effect.
Adding subtle yet strong black elements to give a more layered appeal.
All four prints have a separate feel about them which is interesting when using the same stencils.
By shifting the stencils It gives the print a layered feel and let’s me experiment with various colour options.
Each print has basically the same stencils, but placed or layered in a way that is different from the other.
Task No.1 in my new course requires me to make a series of four prints using stencil-based monoprints.
I decided this would be a good chance to redo a design I did last year in my diploma.
A new year has arrived and I’m starting out at a new university, RMIT is a place that I’m hoping will toughen me up when it comes to the practise of printmaking.